We all get sick to death of Spam email, I personally tend to switch my personal email address once a year. thankfully though there are groups of people who dedicate their free time to helping us.
One of these groups is “Project Honeypot” and i mention this group specifically as they just stopped their BILLIONTH spam email. and have published quite an in depth report here…
- Monday is the busiest day of the week for email spam, Saturday is the
- 12:00 (GMT) is the busiest hour of the day for spam, 23:00 (GMT) is the
- Malicious bots have increased at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of
378% since Project Honey Pot started
- Over the last five years, you’d have been 9 times more likely to get a
phishing message for Chase Bank than Bank of America, however Facebook is
rapidly becoming the most phished organization online
- Finland has some of the best computer security in the world, China some
of the worst
- It takes the average spammer 2 and a half weeks from when they first
harvest your email address to when they send you your first spam message,
but that’s twice as fast as they were five years ago
- Every time your email address is harvested from a website, you can expect
to receive more than 850 spam messages
- Spammers take holidays too: spam volumes drop nearly 21% on Christmas Day
and 32% on New Year’s Day
So on behalf of the entire interweb..
Thanks Guys! Its people like you who make my day that little bit easier.